Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Listener Essay - Reflections On A Life Well Lived
Fri June 13, 2014
Flying Deer Day 6/21
Flying Deer Nature Center in New Lebanon, NY has been mentoring children, teens, and families in the ways of the earth since 1995.
FDNC has distinguished itself through the creativity of its programs and its deep connections to nature. Programs operated by Flying Deer include wilderness adventures for women, weekly wilderness mentoring for boys, single gender adolescent rite of passage programs, and co-ed programs for homeschoolers.
Flying Deer also operates school-based nature studies programs at local public and private schools. Summer camp programs include nature-based fantasy adventures, canoe trips, day camps, backpacking, camping, and family over-nites.
Flying Deer Day is taking place June 21 from 11 am to 5 pm. It’s an annual community celebration for all ages, with live and silent auction, BBQ, Olympic Games, silent auction and special live auction event, nature stations, egg toss, herbal cream-making, and more! All proceeds benefit our Financial Assistance Program, ensuring that as many kids as possible have access to nature education and connection.
Here to tell us more are Michelle Apland and Devin Franklin - Co-Directors of the Flying Deer Nature Center.