Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Fri March 26, 2004
FOH: SLC Ignores Pollution-Reducing Technology
By Allison Dunne
Hudson, NY – Friends of Hudson is denouncing St. Lawrence Cement for avoiding a new air pollution control technology that the plant opponent says could reduce greenhouse gas emissions. In addition, Connecticut and Massachusetts environmental regulators have filed comments with New York's Department of Environmental Conservation supporting the technology for the proposed Greenport plant. More from WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne.