Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri January 10, 2014
Food Friday: Farmers' Market Tips, Part 2
The Troy Waterfront Farmers Market's Monica Kurzejeski shares her tips for navigating and making the most of your local farmers' market.
Tune in to Food Friday this week, when Monica will join us in the studio to talk about farmers' markets and fresh produce!
1. Talk to farmers and vendors.
2. Come with an idea of what you're looking for but be flexible. You never know what you may find.
3. Make it a family affair. Bring the kids. It will broaden their interest in food & help them better understand where their food comes from.
4) Don't get in a rut. Shop the whole market every time you're there - not just 2 or 3 vendors.
5) Be a positive part of the market. Get to know those running it and offer constructive ideas on how the market could grow or progress.
The Troy Waterfront Farmers Market will be offering market tours on the third Saturday of each month for shoppers who want to get to know the market a little more in depth and get a more personal introduction.
New England News
New York News
Capital Region News