Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- NYS Assemblyman, POK Mayor Pan Talk Of Gun Storage Ordinance
Fri August 22, 2014
Food Friday Recipe: Peach Fruit Leather
4 cups peaches, skinned, pitted, and diced
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground cloves
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Fahrenheit (or the lowest temperature your oven will reach). In a blender, puree all ingredients together until smooth (if the puree seems a bit thick, add a little water to thin it out).
Line a jelly roll pan with parchment paper or a Sil-Pat mat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Spread the puree onto the prepared pan and spread out into a thin layer. Bake in the oven for six to eight hours (or longer if necessary - a humid day might cause this to take longer). The fruit leather is "done" when it easily pulls off of the parchment paper and stays together with the pliability of actual leather.
Fruit leather can be wrapped in extra parchment paper and stored in the refrigerator for up to two months.
Makes eight large strips
Originally posted on SillyGooseFarm.com