Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri August 8, 2014
Food Friday Recipe : Specialty Coffee Drinks
Take a shot of espresso, and put it in a cocktail shaker over ice with a little simple syrup. Shake the heck out of it for 30 seconds. Then pour it out and you'll have an icy purist's espresso with a nice frothy head on it. This is a classic Italian recipe, but one can also add a bit of flavor to it with ginger, cardamom or lemon.
This is our take on the "Submarino"—a drink from Flavio's childhood where children are given chocolate on a stick to mix in with steamed milk to make a hot chocolate. Our twist is: a cube of belgian dark chocolate on a stick, with a shot of espresso poured over it, and topped with steamed milk in a short glass. The chocolate melts in the glass as you stir it, lick it, lift it up and see it drip, and do what you like. Fun, rich and decadent.
Visit the No. Six Depot for more!