Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Thu July 19, 2012
Ford Recalls Some 2013 Escapes, Tells Owners Not To Drive Them
Warning that a fuel line could leak, "potentially resulting in an underhood fire," Ford Motor Co. today told owners of about 11,500 model year 2013 Escapes "to stop driving their vehicles and to immediately contact their dealers."
The company said that "dealers will deliver a loaner vehicle to customers and will then transport their 2013 Escape to the dealership until the repair has been completed."
There have been no injuries reported in connection with the problem, the company said.
The 2013 Escape models involved have 1.6-liter engines. Models with larger engines are not involved.
Reuters notes that "it is extremely rare for an automaker to warn drivers to stop driving their recalled vehicles."