Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Mon October 22, 2012
Foreigners in Detroit
The Frenchman Alexis de Tocqueville arrived in Detroit in 1831 to the quote: “utmost limits of European civilization” and wrote ‘Democracy in America’ which helped Americans for the first time to see America from an outsider’s view. Foreigners are still attracted to Detroit, Jake Warga visited recently to see who’s coming from over-seas.