Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
North Country News
Thu June 20, 2013
Former Head of Closed Vermont Credit Union Indicted
The only employee of a small northern Vermont credit union that was taken over last year by federal regulators is now facing embezzlement charges.
Earlier this month a federal grand jury in Burlington indicted Debra Kinney, the CEO of the now closed Border Lodge Credit Union, on an embezzlement charge.
The indictment alleged Kinney did "willfully embezzle, purloin and misapply moneys and funds" of the credit union.
Last November the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation closed the Derby Line-based credit union, which was first chartered in 1963.
An attorney for Kinney did not immediately return a phone call seeking comment.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.