Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
New England News
Fri October 5, 2012
Former MA Governor Weld endorsing US Sen. Brown
Republican U.S. Sen. Scott Brown is receiving the endorsement of former GOP Massachusetts Gov. William Weld.
Weld, who served as governor from 1991-1997, is scheduled to appear with Brown at Brown's campaign headquarters in South Boston on Friday.
The endorsement of Weld, a fiscal conservative who also embraced socially liberal issues, is critical for Brown as he continues to reach out to conservative and Democratic voters.
Friday's endorsement comes a day after black clergy in Boston gave their blessing to Brown's Democratic rival Elizabeth Warren.
The ministers said when it comes to the challenges facing the state's urban neighborhoods, Warren is the better candidate.
Warren said she welcomed the endorsement.
On Friday Warren planned to campaign with Caroline Kennedy and Mayor Tom Menino in Boston's Charlestown neighborhood.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press