Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Thu April 26, 2012
Former MA State Treasurer Makes Court Appearance
Former Massachusetts State Treasurer Timothy Cahill, who is facing corruption charges, was in court briefly Wednesday. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports…
A pre-trial conference in Cahill’s case was postponed for a month at the request of Jeffrey Denner, Cahill’s new lawyer, who told the judge he needed time to get up to speed. There was no change in the September date for Cahill’s trial.
Cahill told reporters in Boston after the brief hearing that he is confident his legal team will prove he did nothing wrong.
Cahill is accused of airing taxpayer funded ads promoting the state lottery as a means to boost his run for governor in 2010. As treasurer, Cahill oversaw the management of lottery.
A former staffer on Cahill’s campaign and a former official at the state lottery are also charged.
Paul Tuthill, WAMC News.