Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Thu April 26, 2012
Former MA State Treasurer Makes Court Appearance
Former Massachusetts State Treasurer Timothy Cahill, who is facing corruption charges, was in court briefly Wednesday. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports…
A pre-trial conference in Cahill’s case was postponed for a month at the request of Jeffrey Denner, Cahill’s new lawyer, who told the judge he needed time to get up to speed. There was no change in the September date for Cahill’s trial.
Cahill told reporters in Boston after the brief hearing that he is confident his legal team will prove he did nothing wrong.
Cahill is accused of airing taxpayer funded ads promoting the state lottery as a means to boost his run for governor in 2010. As treasurer, Cahill oversaw the management of lottery.
A former staffer on Cahill’s campaign and a former official at the state lottery are also charged.
Paul Tuthill, WAMC News.