Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
New England News
Wed April 4, 2012
Former MA Treasurer Cahill Faces Arraignment
Ex-state treasurer Timothy Cahill and two former aides are scheduled to appear in court to face ethics charges. WAMC's Tristan O’Neill reports...
Cahill will be arraigned later today at Suffolk Superior Court.
He’s facing public corruption charges for his alleged role in orchestrating an advertising campaign for the state lottery, funded with taxpayer dollars. Prosecutors said the television ad was really intended to boost Cahill's failed 2010 campaign for governor.
Cahill is charged with violating state ethics laws, procurement fraud and conspiracy to violate both laws.
Cahill has denied any wrongdoing.
Two former aides named in the indictments are also set to be arraigned later today.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.