Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Wed April 4, 2012
Former MA Treasurer Cahill Faces Arraignment
Ex-state treasurer Timothy Cahill and two former aides are scheduled to appear in court to face ethics charges. WAMC's Tristan O’Neill reports...
Cahill will be arraigned later today at Suffolk Superior Court.
He’s facing public corruption charges for his alleged role in orchestrating an advertising campaign for the state lottery, funded with taxpayer dollars. Prosecutors said the television ad was really intended to boost Cahill's failed 2010 campaign for governor.
Cahill is charged with violating state ethics laws, procurement fraud and conspiracy to violate both laws.
Cahill has denied any wrongdoing.
Two former aides named in the indictments are also set to be arraigned later today.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.