Most Active Stories
- Sports Report: Michael Phelps Comes Out Of Retirement
- State Police Called After Hinsdale Select Board Denies Ex-Police Chief's Bid For Part-Time Position
- Concerns Raised Over Proposed Natural Gas Pipeline
- Albany Store Sold Bedbug-Infested Matresses
- Dr. Jeffrey Froh, Hofstra University - The Benefits of Gratitude
New England News
Mon March 11, 2013
Former Mass. Sen. Scott Brown Joins Law Firm
Former Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown has a new job with an international law firm.
Brown announced on Twitter Monday that he has joined the law firm of Nixon-Peabody LLP as counsel in its Boston office. The law firm, in a statement, said Brown would be involved in business and government affairs with a focus on the financial services industry and commercial real estate. After winning the special election for Senate in 2010, the Republican lost his bid for re-election last year to Democrat Elizabeth Warren. Brown decided not to try for a political comeback as a candidate in the special election to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of John Kerry. Brown recently became a commentator on the Fox News network. Some observers believe his decision to join the high powered law firm makes it less likely Brown will run for Massachusetts governor next year.