Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Mon March 11, 2013
Former Mass. Sen. Scott Brown Joins Law Firm
Former Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown has a new job with an international law firm.
Brown announced on Twitter Monday that he has joined the law firm of Nixon-Peabody LLP as counsel in its Boston office. The law firm, in a statement, said Brown would be involved in business and government affairs with a focus on the financial services industry and commercial real estate. After winning the special election for Senate in 2010, the Republican lost his bid for re-election last year to Democrat Elizabeth Warren. Brown decided not to try for a political comeback as a candidate in the special election to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of John Kerry. Brown recently became a commentator on the Fox News network. Some observers believe his decision to join the high powered law firm makes it less likely Brown will run for Massachusetts governor next year.