Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
New England News
Mon March 11, 2013
Former Mass. Sen. Scott Brown Joins Law Firm
Former Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown has a new job with an international law firm.
Brown announced on Twitter Monday that he has joined the law firm of Nixon-Peabody LLP as counsel in its Boston office. The law firm, in a statement, said Brown would be involved in business and government affairs with a focus on the financial services industry and commercial real estate. After winning the special election for Senate in 2010, the Republican lost his bid for re-election last year to Democrat Elizabeth Warren. Brown decided not to try for a political comeback as a candidate in the special election to fill the vacancy caused by the resignation of John Kerry. Brown recently became a commentator on the Fox News network. Some observers believe his decision to join the high powered law firm makes it less likely Brown will run for Massachusetts governor next year.