Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Fri October 12, 2012
Former NY state senator pleads guilty to tax fraud
Former New York state Sen. Pedro Espada has pleaded guilty to tax fraud. WAMC’s Dave Lucas reports.
The plea on Friday also resolves pending charges in a separate case involving the looting of a Bronx nonprofit health care network.
Espada was convicted in May of plundering funds from the Soundview Health Network for personal use. But the jury had deadlocked on some counts and a retrial had been expected.
Espada will remain free on bail until sentencing early next year.
©2012 ASSOCIATED PRESS