Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Fri October 12, 2012
Former NY state senator pleads guilty to tax fraud
Former New York state Sen. Pedro Espada has pleaded guilty to tax fraud. WAMC’s Dave Lucas reports.
The plea on Friday also resolves pending charges in a separate case involving the looting of a Bronx nonprofit health care network.
Espada was convicted in May of plundering funds from the Soundview Health Network for personal use. But the jury had deadlocked on some counts and a retrial had been expected.
Espada will remain free on bail until sentencing early next year.
©2012 ASSOCIATED PRESS