Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
Wed April 11, 2012
Former Sheriff's Name Taken Off Jail Where He's Now An Inmate
Patrick Sullivan, the former sheriff in Arapahoe County, Colo., who's serving a 38-day sentence for trying to trade methamphetamine for sex with a man, isn't being held any longer in a jail that bears his name.
"Arapahoe County Commissioners voted unanimously Tuesday morning to remove Pat Sullivan's name from the jail and rename the facility after its original name — the Arapahoe County Detention Center," Denver's KUSA-TV reports. The station adds that, "about 30 minutes after the meeting, 9Wants to Know visited the jail and found the name was already removed."