Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Wed April 11, 2012
Former Sheriff's Name Taken Off Jail Where He's Now An Inmate
Patrick Sullivan, the former sheriff in Arapahoe County, Colo., who's serving a 38-day sentence for trying to trade methamphetamine for sex with a man, isn't being held any longer in a jail that bears his name.
"Arapahoe County Commissioners voted unanimously Tuesday morning to remove Pat Sullivan's name from the jail and rename the facility after its original name — the Arapahoe County Detention Center," Denver's KUSA-TV reports. The station adds that, "about 30 minutes after the meeting, 9Wants to Know visited the jail and found the name was already removed."