Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
Wed April 11, 2012
Former Sheriff's Name Taken Off Jail Where He's Now An Inmate
Patrick Sullivan, the former sheriff in Arapahoe County, Colo., who's serving a 38-day sentence for trying to trade methamphetamine for sex with a man, isn't being held any longer in a jail that bears his name.
"Arapahoe County Commissioners voted unanimously Tuesday morning to remove Pat Sullivan's name from the jail and rename the facility after its original name — the Arapahoe County Detention Center," Denver's KUSA-TV reports. The station adds that, "about 30 minutes after the meeting, 9Wants to Know visited the jail and found the name was already removed."