Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Tue July 25, 2006
Former Springfield School Dept. Manager Arrested for Doling Out No-Show Jobs
By Dan Bobkoff
Springfield, ma – As part of an ongoing investigation into corruption in Springfield, a former manager in the city's school department was arrested today and appeared in US District Court. He's charged with handing out no-show jobs. And, as WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief reports, this is not the first time he's been accused of malfeasance.