Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Mon April 29, 2013
Former Textile Mill To Be Converted To Housing
Construction work is expected to start this summer to turn an old mill building in Easthampton Massachusetts into affordable housing.
A $15 million dollar project will turn a more than century old former textile factory into 50 units of housing for families that meet income guidelines. The project is being financed by federal and state tax credits. Easthampton Mayor Michael Tautznik said turning old industrial buildings into housing is part of a strategy to revitalize downtown.
The state on Monday awarded Easthampton a $10,000 grant to work on community development plans.