Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New England News
Thu January 3, 2013
Former Western Mass. Prep School Campus Donated To Christian Foundation
The former Northfield Mount Herman prep school campus in western Massachusetts has changed hands again. WAMC's Paul Tuthill reports.
The Green family of Oklahoma announced Wednesday that it donated the 217 acre property to a Christian grant making foundation. But, the new owners, the National Christian Foundation, based in Georgia will be only caretakers. The organization will be looking to find a permanent owner that will use the property as an educational institution. The former prep school campus was purchased by the Greens in 2009 and last year the family donated the property to Grand Canyon University, which planed to build a Christian college for 5,000 students. But Grand Canyon backed out of the deal citing un-expected costs, and local opposition to its plans..