Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Tue March 12, 2013
Founder of Berkshire Bach Society Dies
The founder of the Berkshire Bach Society has died. A memorial service was held on Tuesday.
Simon Wainrib died Sunday at a Framingham retirement home at age 90.
The Berkshire Bach Society was formed 1990 by Wainrib after settling in the Berkshires in the 1980s. The Society hosts concerts performing the music of the late composer throughout the region.
Wainrib documented his early life in Europe and his families’ escape from Nazi Germany in his memoir titled “Escapes”.
Wainrib also served as a music critic for the Berkshire Record newspaper.
A May 4th Choral Concert in Great Barrington has been renamed the Simon Wainrib Memorial Concert.