Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Listener Essay - Reflections On A Life Well Lived
Hudson Valley News
Fri August 1, 2014
Fox Captured In Dutchess Is Rabid
A gray fox in Dutchess County has tested positive for rabies.
The Dutchess County Department of Health has confirmed a positive rabies test in a fox captured on Hart Drive in the Town of Poughkeepsie July 30. The Department is asking anyone who is aware of any contact between a gray fox and any person or domestic animal within the past two weeks to contact the county health department. In Dutchess County, nearly 50 people undergo rabies post-exposure treatment annually, many of these are because of contact with animals that were not captured and therefore not rabies tested.
North Country News