Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Thu July 19, 2012
Francesca Zambello - Glimmerglass Artistic & General Director
The 2012 Glimmerglass Festival is underway with its main-stage productions including Verdi’s Aida, The Music Man, Armide and Lost in the Stars. The productions will run in rotation through August 25 in the Alice Busch Opera Theater in Cooperstown, New York.
The main-stage productions are being supplemented by special performances, concerts and lectures throughout the season. American bass-baritone Eric Owens, who has performed to critical acclaim at Metropolitan, San Francisco and Washington National operas, joins the company as the 2012 Artist in Residence.
Francesca Zambello, Glimmerglass Festival Artistic & General Director, joins us this morning to tell us all about the Glimmerglass season and their commitment to productions of operas that address key social and political issues and demonstrate how the performing arts can inform and enlighten, as well as entertain.