Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Thu July 19, 2012
Francesca Zambello - Glimmerglass Artistic & General Director
The 2012 Glimmerglass Festival is underway with its main-stage productions including Verdi’s Aida, The Music Man, Armide and Lost in the Stars. The productions will run in rotation through August 25 in the Alice Busch Opera Theater in Cooperstown, New York.
The main-stage productions are being supplemented by special performances, concerts and lectures throughout the season. American bass-baritone Eric Owens, who has performed to critical acclaim at Metropolitan, San Francisco and Washington National operas, joins the company as the 2012 Artist in Residence.
Francesca Zambello, Glimmerglass Festival Artistic & General Director, joins us this morning to tell us all about the Glimmerglass season and their commitment to productions of operas that address key social and political issues and demonstrate how the performing arts can inform and enlighten, as well as entertain.