Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
Sun April 28, 2013
Frankie Bailey, University at Albany - Justice and Multiculturalism In The 21st Century
Last week the State University of New York at Albany School of Criminal Justice held their spring symposium. The conference, part of the school’s Justice and Multiculturalism in the 21st Century program, was titled Explorations in Justice: Gender, Sexuality and Violence, and was designed to develop a better understanding of the intersections of justice with gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, and gender as they pertain to violence and violent victimization.
WAMC's Bob Barrett spoke with Frankie Bailey, associate professor at the SUNY Albany school of Criminal Justice and director of the symposium, and asked how the conference came to be.
Arts & Culture