Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
North Country News
Mon January 21, 2013
French Appointed to Replace Vermont State Senator
A former Vermont state legislator has been appointed to replace outgoing Sen. William Carris of Rutland County who is resigning for health reasons.
Govermpr Peter Shumlin today has named Eldred French to the seat.
French served two terms in the Vermont House before losing in the November election in a district newly created through redistricting.
Shumlin says French was hardworking, energetic and well respected in the House and he was willing to work collaboratively with people across Rutland County.
Shumlin says Carris has been a tremendous senator and he's confident that French is the right person to fill that seat.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.