Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
Fri November 9, 2012
Friendkeeping by Julie Klam
A few years ago, Julie Klam wrote a book called You Had Me At Woof. It was the story of Otto, a Boston terrier that stole Julie's heart and changed her life. Her relationship with Otto helped her to forge more enduring bonds with people. Klam has some very close friendships. Her latest book, Friendkeeping: A Field Guide to the People You Love, Hate, and Can't Live Without, takes readers inside Julie's world to meet her dearest friends.
Julie Klam has written for such publications as O: The Oprah Magazine, Rolling Stone, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour, The New York Times Magazine, and for the VH1 television show Pop-Up Video, where she earned an Emmy nomination.