Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New England News
Tue February 5, 2013
Friendly's Restaurant Chain Begins Transformation
Just over a year after emerging from bankruptcy, the Friendly’s restaurant chain on Monday introduced redesigned stores and updated menus.
Friendly’s , which lost business over the last decade to casual dining competitors, is hoping to get people back into its booths in renovated restaurants that have a retro-look. A new menu includes classic best sellers and new items. CEO John Maguire says there is an emphasis on better food quality and faster service.
Friendly’s opened five renovated restaurants in the Springfield area and five in Maine Monday to serve as test locations. Friendly’s which was founded by two brothers in Springfield during the Great Depression filed for bankruptcy protection in 2011, closed 100 restaurants and laid off about 2000 employees.
Science & Technology