Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Thu March 2, 2006
Friends of Kingston's Future Support Landing Project
By Deborah Runcie
Kingston, NY – For several months environmentalists in the Hudson Valley have spoken out against The Landing Project, which is a plan to build over 2100 housing units and 250,000 square feet of commercial space, along the waterfront in Ulster County.
Now, some residents in the region have finally come together to show their support for the development, that would extend from the Town of Ulster to the City of Kingston.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.