Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Wed September 26, 2012
Funding Continues for Vermont Veteran's Home
Governor Peter Shumlin says the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services will continue funding the Vermont Veterans Home in Bennington.
The administrator of the Vermont Veterans Home in Bennington says the staff pulled together and worked until the last minute to pass a federal inspection that will allow the facility to keep its federal Medicare funding.
The home had faced a loss of $10 million in federal funding after inspectors found a series of deficiencies in care.
Governor Peter Shumlin said Wednesday that CMS has agreed to continue funding the home after meeting with state officials.
He says state officials worked with home staff to ensure the facility passed.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.