Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed June 25, 2003
"Funeral Procession" Will Bury Public Education
By Arlen Cellana
Montague, MA – A loosely formed grass-roots advocacy group will hold a mock funeral procession tomorrow evening in front of the Massachusetts Statehouse to emphasize what they're calling the death of public education. Contingents from across the Commonwealth will travel to Boston in the hope of restoring funding to the state's local school districts. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana reports.