Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed June 25, 2003
"Funeral Procession" Will Bury Public Education
By Arlen Cellana
Montague, MA – A loosely formed grass-roots advocacy group will hold a mock funeral procession tomorrow evening in front of the Massachusetts Statehouse to emphasize what they're calling the death of public education. Contingents from across the Commonwealth will travel to Boston in the hope of restoring funding to the state's local school districts. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana reports.