Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon March 1, 2004
The Future Of Social Security Benefits
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – A recent call by Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan for the government to cut Social Security benefits raised new debate
and concern over the solvency of the retirement system. The president-elect of the AARP, in Syracuse for a national forum on Social Security, said there is no cause for alarm. WAMC's Brian Shields reports.