Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
Sun January 22, 2012
Gabrielle Giffords Steps Down: 'I Am Getting Better'
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is stepping down from Congress in order to focus on her health. She made the announcement on a YouTube video posted to her Facebook page Sunday.
"I have more work to do on my recovery, so to do what is best for Arizona I will step down this week," she says.
The Arizona representative is recovering from a gunshot wound to the head suffered in the Tucson shooting a year ago. Though she struggles with some sentences in the video, her message is clear.
"I'm getting better. Every day, my spirit is high. I will return and we will work together for Arizona and this great country," she says.