Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
Sun January 22, 2012
Gabrielle Giffords Steps Down: 'I Am Getting Better'
Rep. Gabrielle Giffords is stepping down from Congress in order to focus on her health. She made the announcement on a YouTube video posted to her Facebook page Sunday.
"I have more work to do on my recovery, so to do what is best for Arizona I will step down this week," she says.
The Arizona representative is recovering from a gunshot wound to the head suffered in the Tucson shooting a year ago. Though she struggles with some sentences in the video, her message is clear.
"I'm getting better. Every day, my spirit is high. I will return and we will work together for Arizona and this great country," she says.