Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
WAMC New York News
Wed April 23, 2003
Gambling Industry Meeting In New York State
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – As states face tight budgets and troubled economies, gambling becomes a more attractive revenue source. Once restricted to horse tracks and casinos in Las Vegas, Reno and Atlantic City, legalized gambling can now be found in almost every state.
Representatives of the gambling industry gathered this week near Albany for the New York Gaming Summit. WAMC's Brian Shields has more.