Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New York News
Thu May 11, 2006
Gas tax relief in sight for New York
By Jessica Bloustein
Albany, New York – New Yorkers may save four cents a gallon on gasoline, 80 cents on a 20-gallon fillup, after state lawmakers agreed Wednesday to cap the state sales tax. Lawmakers say the proposal eventually could save drivers as much as $450 million dollars. At the same time, one Capital Region county is looking to reduce the local gasoline tax. WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein reports.