Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Thu July 13, 2006
Gay Marriage Amendment Vote Postponed
By Dan Bobkoff
Boston, MA – Less than a week after New York's highest court rejected gay marriage rights, reaction is pouring in to yesterday's decision by Massachusetts lawmakers to postpone a vote on whether that state will allow the public to vote on an amendment that would ban further gay marriages in the baystate. Massachusetts is the only state in the country with legalized gay marriage. Details from WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff.