Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Thu July 13, 2006
Gay Marriage Amendment Vote Postponed
By Dan Bobkoff
Boston, MA – Less than a week after New York's highest court rejected gay marriage rights, reaction is pouring in to yesterday's decision by Massachusetts lawmakers to postpone a vote on whether that state will allow the public to vote on an amendment that would ban further gay marriages in the baystate. Massachusetts is the only state in the country with legalized gay marriage. Details from WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff.