Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Wed January 21, 2004
Gay Marriage Debate Mixed Following President Comments
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – In the State of the Union Address, the President criticized judges' decisions forcing state legislatures to re-define marriage laws to include gay and lesbian couples. Reaction in Vermont - with the nation's only "civil union" statute - and New York's North Country is as mixed as the debate was over civil unions. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.