Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri February 20, 2004
Gay Republican Mayor Criticizes Bush Administration
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – The openly gay mayor of Plattsburgh, New York is criticizing the national Republican party's stance against gay marriage. Republican Mayor Dan Stewart says equal marriage rights for gay couples is a civil rights issue and not a family values issue. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley spoke with the mayor about his views.