Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Wed December 7, 2005
GE Accused of Dragging Out Dredging
By Deborah Runcie
Fort Edward, NY – New York State Attorney General Eliot Spitzer is asking the Environmental Protection Agency to hold General Electric accountable for a complete cleanup of the Hudson River. Over a 30 year period ending in the mid 1970's, GE dumped an estimated one-point-three million pounds of PCB's into the river.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more...