Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed April 28, 2004
GE Shareholders Vote No on Cleanup Costs
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – General Electric shareholders overwhelmingly defeated a resolution today to require the company to report costs associated with the PCB contamination of the Hudson River. The proposal was sponsored by a religious group from Northern New Jersey, and had the support of the New York State comptroller. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne filed this report.