Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Wed April 28, 2004
GE Shareholders Vote No on Cleanup Costs
By Allison Dunne
Albany, NY – General Electric shareholders overwhelmingly defeated a resolution today to require the company to report costs associated with the PCB contamination of the Hudson River. The proposal was sponsored by a religious group from Northern New Jersey, and had the support of the New York State comptroller. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne filed this report.