Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Fri April 15, 2005
Gene Wilder Pt. 1
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – Not surprisingly, Gene Wilder was nominated for an Academy Award for his role as Leo Bloom. (He was also nominated for an Oscar for co-writing Young Frankenstein with Mel Brooks.)
Although he has done some TV cameo work and has acted in several regional theater productions, Wilder has been out of the spotlight since the death of his wife Gilda Radner nearly a decade and a half ago. But, he has been busy writing a memoir titled "Kiss Me Like a Stranger: My Search for Love and Art." In the first of Joe Donahue's 3-part interview with Gene Wilder, they talk about the development of his career, his childhood and, of course, about how he came to write his story.