Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Fri April 15, 2005
Gene Wilder Pt. 3
By Joe Donahue
Albany, NY – We finish up with Gene Wilder this morning. We have been talking about his new memoir - Kiss me Like a Stranger.
In this book, he talks about everything from his experiences in psychoanalysis to why he got into acting and later comedy (his first goal was to be a Shakespearean actor), and how a Midwestern childhood with a sick mother changed him.
Wilder explains why he became an actor and writer, and about the funny, wonderful movies he made with Mel Brooks, Woody Allen, and - of course - Richard Pryor. In fact - we begin this final segment with WAMC's Joe Donahue by talking about his relationship with Richard Pryor and we begin with a segment from their 1980 classic comedy - Stir Crazy.