Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
North Country News
Thu September 5, 2013
General Dynamics Eliminates 35 Vt. Jobs
Defense contractor General Dynamics has announced it is cutting its Vermont workforce by 35 employees.
Spokesman Karl Johnson says the company is consolidating two divisions in St. Petersburg, Fla.
General Dynamics' Vermont workforce drops to 275 with the cuts. The Burlington Free Press reports the jobs that were cut included engineering, administrative and program management positions.
The company's Vermont operation is part of its combat systems division, which makes guns and ammunition for fighter aircraft, tanks and other military vehicles.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.