Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
North Country News
Thu September 5, 2013
General Dynamics Eliminates 35 Vt. Jobs
Defense contractor General Dynamics has announced it is cutting its Vermont workforce by 35 employees.
Spokesman Karl Johnson says the company is consolidating two divisions in St. Petersburg, Fla.
General Dynamics' Vermont workforce drops to 275 with the cuts. The Burlington Free Press reports the jobs that were cut included engineering, administrative and program management positions.
The company's Vermont operation is part of its combat systems division, which makes guns and ammunition for fighter aircraft, tanks and other military vehicles.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.