Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- NYS Assemblyman, POK Mayor Pan Talk Of Gun Storage Ordinance
North Country News
Thu September 5, 2013
General Dynamics Eliminates 35 Vt. Jobs
Defense contractor General Dynamics has announced it is cutting its Vermont workforce by 35 employees.
Spokesman Karl Johnson says the company is consolidating two divisions in St. Petersburg, Fla.
General Dynamics' Vermont workforce drops to 275 with the cuts. The Burlington Free Press reports the jobs that were cut included engineering, administrative and program management positions.
The company's Vermont operation is part of its combat systems division, which makes guns and ammunition for fighter aircraft, tanks and other military vehicles.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.