Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Tue September 25, 2012
General Dynamics Lays Off 50 in Vermont, 30 in Maine
General Dynamics is laying off about 50 employees in Vermont and 30 in Maine.
Company communications director Karl Johnson attributes the layoffs to the company completing its work on special armor for military vehicles and a decline in demand for guns.
He says the cuts will be to both hourly and salaried employees in administrative, engineering, management and manufacturing support.
The layoffs will be in Williston and in Saco, Maine.
Johnson says the workers were notified on Monday and will receive a severance package. He says two employees also will be laid off at the company's headquarters in Charlotte, N.C.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.