Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
Tue September 25, 2012
General Dynamics Lays Off 50 in Vermont, 30 in Maine
General Dynamics is laying off about 50 employees in Vermont and 30 in Maine.
Company communications director Karl Johnson attributes the layoffs to the company completing its work on special armor for military vehicles and a decline in demand for guns.
He says the cuts will be to both hourly and salaried employees in administrative, engineering, management and manufacturing support.
The layoffs will be in Williston and in Saco, Maine.
Johnson says the workers were notified on Monday and will receive a severance package. He says two employees also will be laid off at the company's headquarters in Charlotte, N.C.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.