Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Fri August 10, 2012
Genetic Modifications A Worry For Organic Growers
The 38th annual summer conference of the Northeast Organic Farming Association is taking place today through Sunday on the UMass Amherst campus. One of this year’s keynote speakers is Jeffrey Smith. Smith is a consumer advocate who for more than a decade has been sounding an alarm about genetically modified organisms, or G-M-O’s, in food. WAMC’s Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Paul Tuthill spoke with Smith.
New York News