Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Wed July 24, 2013
George H.W. Bush Shaves His Head In Support Of Ailing Boy
In a very sweet gesture, President George H.W. Bush shaved his head to show solidarity for Patrick, the two-year-old son of one of the members of his Secret Service detail.
Patrick, Bush's spokesman Jim McGrath said on Twitter, is undergoing treatment for leukemia, so he lost his hair.
McGrath tweeted this picture of Bush with the little guy:
And this one of Patrick with Bush and the entire Secret Service detail:
Patrick's prognosis is "very positive." You can learn more about Patrick and his family at their website.