Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
New York News
Mon December 10, 2012
George Simpson - Empire State Pride Agenda
Several lower courts have ruled against it, saying it is un-constitutional, but the nation’s highest court will take up a challenge to the Defense of Marriage Act, a law passed by congress in 1996 that defines marriage as between one man and one woman. New York is among a handful of states that have legalized same sex marriage, and the decision by the U.S. Supreme Court will be watched very closely in New York. George Simpson, spokesman for Empire State Pride Agenda, spoke about the issues under review by the court with WAMC’s Brian Shields.