Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Thu July 12, 2012
Giant Mushroom Found In British Columbia
Originally published on Thu July 12, 2012 12:21 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Renee Montagne. A Canadian man and his son came upon quite a sight last week when hunting for edible mushrooms - a humongous fungus weighing just over 57 pounds. The giant mushroom of the puffball variety is inedible due to its age and size. But that didn't diminish the father and son's excitement. They plan to return the mushroom back to the place in British Columbia where they found it so it can release spores and create new jumbo mushrooms. It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.