Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Hudson Valley News
Wed August 15, 2012
Girl, 14, hurt after running into car on NY road
State police say a 14-year-old girl is in critical condition after she ran into the side of a moving vehicle while trying to cross a Hudson Valley road. More from WAMC's Dave Lucas.
Troopers say a 51-year-old man was driving on a road I the Columbia County town of Greenport shortly before 4 p.m. Tuesday when the girl attempted to cross the road and ran into the vehicle.
She was taken to a local hospital before being transferred by helicopter to Albany Medical Center, where she's listed in in critical condition.
Troopers say they don't expect to charge the driver.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.