Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Hudson Valley News
Wed August 15, 2012
Girl, 14, hurt after running into car on NY road
State police say a 14-year-old girl is in critical condition after she ran into the side of a moving vehicle while trying to cross a Hudson Valley road. More from WAMC's Dave Lucas.
Troopers say a 51-year-old man was driving on a road I the Columbia County town of Greenport shortly before 4 p.m. Tuesday when the girl attempted to cross the road and ran into the vehicle.
She was taken to a local hospital before being transferred by helicopter to Albany Medical Center, where she's listed in in critical condition.
Troopers say they don't expect to charge the driver.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press.