Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
New York News
Thu May 24, 2012
Giuliani Endorses Turner in GOP Senate Primary
Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani is endorsing Bob Turner in the three-way Republican primary to take on Democratic Senator Kirsten Gillibrand. WAMC’s Dave Lucas has details…
Giuliani said Wednesday the New York City congressman whose district will disappear next year due to redistricting is the only candidate who can beat Gillibrand in the November general election.
Turner is running in a June 26 primary against New York City lawyer Wendy Long and Nassau County Comptroller George Maragos. Turner last year won a Congressional special election for a seat representing parts of Queens and Brooklyn vacated by Democrat Anthony Weiner after a scandal involving lewd text messages. Giuliani had endorsed Turner in that race.
Also Wednesday, The American Conservative Union Political Action Committee endorsed Long and the Brooklyn Tea Party endorsed Maragos.
Dave Lucas, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.