Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC News, New York News
Wed May 2, 2012
Glens Falls Ranks High for Job Creation
Glens Falls has received a high ranking from Forbes magazine for its overall employment levels.
The city was ranked 8th Best Small City in the Nation for Jobs in the just-released annual ranking from Forbes. The company’s website says it utilized data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics from November 2000 through January 2012 and the rankings are based on recent growth trends, mid-term and long term growth and the region’s momentum. Assemblywoman Teresa Sayward, who has a district office in Glens Falls, says it showcases the city’s tenacity and hard work.
Adirondack Regional Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Peter Aust credits a diversity of industry and business for the strong Forbes ranking.
Peter Aust notes that the economic downturn of 07-08 did cause a rise in unemployment that Glens Falls has been tackling.
Glens Falls surged up the Forbes list from 59th last year, with a 5.4-percent employment growth, and is the highest ranked city in New York State.