Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Sun February 17, 2013
Globe columnist on new Bulger bio
When federal agents finally tracked down notorious Boston mob boss Whitey Bulger and his longtime companion hiding in Santa Monica in 2011, 16 years of life on the lam finally came to a close. Bulger, now in his 80s, faces a June trial, accused of participating in 19 murders as part of a massive racketeering indictment. Bulger is the subject of a pair of forthcoming biographies, including Whitey Bulger: America’s Most Wanted Gangster and the Manhunt That Brought Him to Justice, co-authored by Kevin Cullen, a Boston Globe columnist who reveals to WAMC's Ian Pickus that in his prime, Bulger was not above riddling the Globe building with bullets.