Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu March 10, 2005
Good and Bad News for Killington Secession Efforts
By Pat Bradley
Killington, VT – The town of Killington, frustrated by Vermont's tax structure, wants to secede from Vermont and join New Hampshire. This week the New Hampshire House voted to study the feasibility of the action. Meanwhile, three Vermont House members have authored a bill that would make the town pay if it succeeds in its secession effort. WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has the story.