Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Thu November 8, 2012
GOP Chairman Says Saland is Not Out of the Race Yet
Dutchess County Republican Chairman Michael McCormick says State Senator Stephen Saland isn’t out of the running just yet even though he lost on Election Day.
Democrat Terry Gipson was the top vote getter in a three way race, but McCormick said on Wednesday that Saland could still win when absentee ballots are counted.
“He’s down about 1,400 votes or so, plus or minus, and there are about 8,000 absentee ballots out there, so that’s considerable and I’m just hopeful that they break the right way for Steve Saland,” McCormick said.
Conservative candidate Neil Di Carlo ran against Saland because the senator voted for legalization of same-sex marriage and many of the votes for Di Carlo would have otherwise gone to Saland had the race been between just two candidates.